In 2011 I fell madly in love. It was all I could think about, talk about, or dream about. 1 week and I was won over. Peru captured my heart from the moment I stepped off the plane. My dreams and desires for Peru only stretched as far as going on short-term missions trips there, but little did I know that God had so much more in store for me.
Fast forward to August of 2015 as I was boarding a plane to go live and serve in Peru until the end of December. Fast forward to August of 2016 and you’ll find me getting back on a plane to Peru, this time, for a while.
I have found God in a whole new way here. I have seen hard things, been through hard things, and had more joy and peace than I could have ever known. I have found a home and a family in my church, Camino de Vida, where I serve out of each day. Though I don’t know what the future holds for me, I do know that where I am planted right now, is exactly where I should and where I want to be (and I pray everyday that it’s for a long time).
What Is Danielle Doing In Peru?
- Internship Coordinator for The Camino De Vida Missionary Internship
- Training, mentoring, and preparing young adults for the world of missions and living out their callings.
- This means that what you prayerfully contribute to my journey in Peru will be having a global impact through all the students that we train. (Cool, right?)
- Small Groups
- Camino de Vida is officially launched their small group ministry on March 6th, 2017. There are so many things to be excited about with this ministry, but the life change and relational connections and accountability that will be created in these atmospheres is already a huge return on your investment.
- I have the honor of being on the team that is developing and preparing systems and strategies to carry out small groups effectively in the church. Coming from Church of the Highlands has given me such incredible insight into how small groups should be done and it is an honor to be able to share that knowledge to advance the Kingdom of God.
- We had over 10,000 people participate in small groups last year between over 1,000 different small groups within the three seasons. Only God could have done that and it was amazing to sit back and watch him do his magic.
- Projects that develop over the year that need assistance.
- IDL is a ministry program that CDV opens for students here in Lima and across Peru. I have had the honor to be an assistant to 3 of the teachers over the past 5 months here in Lima and I am excited to see what else He will have me do within this area.
- As stated earlier, Camino De Vida is a rapidly expanding church both locally and with their international influence. As the church grows, so do opportunities to invest and sow into the kingdom!
- Ministry School
- As stated in the bullet point above, CDV has a ministry school program called IDL. After resisting the tug I felt on my heart for months to join the program, I finally gave in and began the 2-year long journey of ministry training. I am SO excited for this opportunity and all that it will grown me in.
What Can YOU Do?
Because of the immigrations laws in Peru, missionaries are not allowed to be paid by the churches that they serve, so all the missionary staff that serves at CDV live solely on faith donations. These gifts take the form of monthly recurring donations in increments of $25, $50, $100 or $22 or whatever you feel that the Lord is laying on your heart to give. It can also take the form of a one-time donation!
This is very easy to do– simply click the link below and enter a few boxes of information and you’re on your way to investing in the kingdom of God by expanding the gospel in Lima, Peru and worldwide! Don’t miss out on the opportunity to see hope restored.
Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, thank you. Because of you and your generosity we have been able to see some truly incredible things happen in Lima, and I can’t wait for you to be a part of it too.